Saturday, September 4, 2010

Post-Trip

I'm home now and I already want to go back. Not that I don't appreciate and love my life at home. I know I have a blessed life. I already want to go back because I want to share my blessings and experience with others. I want to round up people from NY so they can enjoy this experience. I want to go back and help improve more lives in New Orleans and help not only re-build houses and homes but life itself. To help a child have a home to play in and a backyard for dad to grill in and mom to garden. To have the simple thing we take for granted everyday. To have "just another day in paradise". I went into this trip to honor my dad. Now I feel I honored him more than I thought possible because I get it now. And I never could understand this LOVE without going on this trip. Not only did I honor him but everyone that does this does,and continues to even when back home. The feeling you get is contagious and is a blessing.

The people of New Orleans are so thankful. There not only thankful for our physical labor but for our support,just knowing someone cares. We had a lovely church down the road who not only let us use their restrooms but made us lunch and let us soak up their a/c everyday for lunch. They did this out of LOVE and thanks, just because we cared enough to come help re-build someone's home.(Not even theirs.)

We are all brothers and sisters and should all take action to help out one another. Unfortunately GOD has to do something traumatic to get his children to LOVE one another in the way we should.

I think I should be thanking New Orleans for letting me share the LOVE I have to share. So THANK YOU New Orleans for this chance to feel the LOVE I have felt which is more than I can explain. Thank you for the chance to work with my father again and see and feel the LOVE he felt and saw every time he came to New Orleans.

GOD(LOVE)be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment